Do you love writing? Do you dream of co-hosting a radio programme someday? Do you need a new smartphone? Are you tired of staying indoors every Children’s Day? Would you rather go to the cinema? Are you in Primary class or Junior Secondary Class?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you better hurry and start writing your letter to the executive governor of Oyo state on one of the following;
• Why free and quality education is important for children,
• What you will do to improve the quality of child education if you’re governor for a week,
• Why education is crucial for attaining one’s future ambition.
Two lucky students get to win:
• Radio appearances
• A visit the Oyo State House of Assembly
• A smartphone each
• A day out at the cinema
Please note the following:
• Your letter must not exceed 350 words
• Submit your letter as an attachment to our email firstname.lastname@example.org or to our Whatsapp number – 08094232675
• Do not forget to write your name, class, school, age and a number we can contact you on in your letter.
Children have a right to free education. Children have a right to be protected as well. The Child Rights Law of Oyo State provides for this and several others. The Child Right Act considers a child as a person below the age of 18 years (Section 21 of the CRA).
In Oyo State, the Child Rights Law 2006 in Section 17 has it that every child has a right to free, compulsory and universal basic education and it shall be the duty of the Government of Oyo State to provide such education.
You can also join the conversation on twitter – #ChildRightNG #ChildRightOyo
Deadline: 25th May 2017.