Onelife Initiative for Human Development became part of the 2SCALE project in 2014. 2SCALE, which means Towards Sustainable Cluster in Agribusiness through Learning and Entrepreneurship, is a dutch funded program which commenced in 2012 with the International Centre for Soil Fertility and Agricultural Development (IFDC), ICRA and BoP Inc as lead partners for the project. The program manages a portfolio of public-private partnerships (PPPs) that accelerate inclusive business in target agri-food sectors and industries. Onelife Initiative joined in to provide Business Support Service to the maize and vegetable partnership in Ogbomoso, Oyo, Apomu and Saki across Oyo and Osun State. 2SCALE offers a range of support services to private partners – companies and farmer groups – enabling them to produce, transform and supply quality food products to local, national and regional end-user markets, including Base of the Pyramid (low-income) consumers.
- To strengthen the capacity of smallholder farmers and SMEs to accelerate value chain and private sector development, through innovation and coordinated action, by improving business and organizational skills, including those required for more effective participation in (financial) markets to ensure improvement in the livelihood of SHFs.
- Increase in knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) and Integrated Soil Fertility Management (ISFM) and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) by about 2,000 SHFs;
- Enhanced disposition of gender balance in cooperative management leading to a 100% increase of women in leadership;
- Increase knowledge about aflatoxin in maize and its effect and adoption of Aflasafe to address this by over 35% of SHFs;
- Increase in tomato harvest by 45% in Saki Tomato Cluster following adoption of hybrid seeds and GAPs.