EARxtra Voices was funded through Nigeria’s Guaranty Trust Bank Plc #SimpleChangeBigImpact project. It was aimed at enhancing the quality of life and access to Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) of in-school Deaf and Hard of Hearing young persons (ages 6-21). The project was targeted at in-school adolescents in 4 special schools in Ibadan, Oyo state.
- Provide age-appropriate comprehensive sexuality education for Deaf and Hard of Hearing young people;
- Facilitate ear screening and provision of hearing aids to select Hard of Hearing young persons amongst those screened.
- Ear Screening for 106 hard of hearing students in 4 schools;
- Presentation of 15 hearing aids to select hard of hearing students;
- Production of 630 social behavioural change communication materials on age-appropriate sexuality education.