Programme Officer II
Deadline: November 15th, 2018.
Industry: Non-Governmental Organisation
Job Type: Full Time.
Location: New Bodija GRA, Ibadan.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Frontline the execution of programmes and activities of the organisation;
- Write report of programmes activities;
- Sustain existing relationship with media partners, government institutions, development partners and partner civil society organizations;
- Develop concept notes, project proposals and initiate other fund-raising ideas in collaboration with the programmes manager;
- Provide content ideas and also write contents to be used on the online platforms of the organisation;
- Develop budget and grant monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Keep the Programme Manager informed on activities of the project by providing appropriate correspondence, reports as well as making regular updates;
Required Skills and Competence
- A first degree or similar experience in relevant field. Degrees in social sciences, humanities and law will be preferred. An advanced degree in development related studies would be an added advantage.
- Good experience in programmes and project management coupled with sound analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills in a non-governmental organisation;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word and internet research skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication ability needed in preparation of narrative reports and project updates;
- Ability to communicate in another official language and in the local lingua franca (Yoruba and or Hausa) will pass as an advantage;
- Self-driven, with capacity to work with little or no supervision;
- Attention to details and ability to process information accurately is essential;
- Proven record of team building and cross-group collaboration with ability to positively influence others and successfully resolve differences;
- Key is the candidate’s ability to work under intense pressure despite delivering outputs with sound quality in a timely manner.