- A first degree in accounting
- Candidate should have 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Previous accounting work experience with a non-governmental organisation is an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software and Excel.
- Strong organisational and critical reasoning skills.
- Because we work with young people, candidates should be within the age bracket 21-35 years.
Description of Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work, train and be trained to oversee account-related activities across projects and project sites. Other roles include:
· Timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports including internal and external financial retirements
· Ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all internal accounting controls are maintained and updated at a global best standard level.
· Ensure that the organisation’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
· Ensure all programmes staff comply with organisational financial policies, procedures set out in the Account and Finance Manual, and any additional donor compliance requirements.
· Work directly with Programmes Staff and Executive Director on projects and general budgeting.
· Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including — Monitoring accounts receivables, processing of staff payroll, and collection of debt and managing pre-payments.
· Coach, appraise and supervise interns designated to the officer.