enthusiastic about working with adolescents and young people to support in implementation, coordination and monitoring of the organisation’s sexual and reproductive health and rights interventions.
• Participate in programme strategy design and development in relation to sexual and reproductive health issues;
• Ensure that all sexual and reproductive health programmes are executed according to donor requirements, established work plan, timeline, content, budget lines and expected results;
• Support demand generation activities for specific sexual and reproductive health services among adolescents and young people in Ibadan using social marketing;
• Write and ensure timely submission of technical and programmatic reports, policy briefs, fact sheets, concept notes, proposals and other contributions for publication or submissions;
• Manage routine communication with project stakeholders and other partners;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of programme activities on this desk;
• Assist in the planning and development of quarterly and annual activity plan and budget;
• Perform other duties as assigned and be disposed to frequent travels at short notice.
Qualification and Experience
• A first degree, preferably in health or social sciences. A master degree in a relevant field is an edge;
• Minimum of two years relevant work experience providing programmes support/implementation on sexual and reproductive health-related programmes with a non-governmental organisation or social enterprise;
• Demonstrated technical understanding of sexual and reproductive health issues at the national, regional and international stage — and familiarity with the NDHS and MICS reports is key;
• Ability to take initiative, make smart decisions, truly work with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team setting;
• Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills for reports, letters, concept notes and proposals writing coupled with session delivery is a priority;
• Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google products;
• Experience in networking, partnership development and multi-stakeholder engagement;
• Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, express dissent convincingly and diplomatically where necessary — and also meet deadlines;
• Applicant should not be more than 26 years old at the time of submission;
• Fluency in Yoruba language is a MUST for this role because of the local context of assignments.
Ensure you tick all the boxes; then send an email with a cover note (explaining why you are a perfect fit for this role) and an updated curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3.00pm on February 15th 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.