Onelife Initiative for Human Development, Ibadan is a registered non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation working in Nigeria to bring sustainable social change to adolescents, young people and youths. Our foremost approach is positive youth development programming to make social changes benefit young people in society. We envision a generation of young people enjoying improved socio-economic life through innovative and consistent engagement with Nigeria’s public space.
Onelife Initiative, an equal opportunity employer, is currently seeking an experienced and result oriented Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Programme Officer. The desired candidate should be enthusiastic about working with adolescents and young people to support in implementation, coordination and monitoring of the organisation’s sexual and reproductive health and rights interventions.
• Participate in programme strategy design and development in relation to sexual and reproductive health issues;
• Ensure that all sexual and reproductive health programmes are executed according to donor requirements, established work plan, timeline, content, budget lines and expected results;
• Support demand generation activities for specific sexual and reproductive health services among adolescents and young people in Ibadan using social marketing;
• Write and ensure timely submission of technical and programmatic reports, policy briefs, fact sheets, concept notes, proposals and other contributions for publication or submissions;
• Manage routine communication with project stakeholders and other partners;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of programme activities on this desk;
• Assist in the planning and development of quarterly and annual activity plan and budget;
• Perform other duties as assigned and be disposed to frequent travels at short notice.
Qualification and Experience
• A first degree, preferably in health or social sciences. A master degree in a relevant field is an edge;
• Minimum of two years relevant work experience providing programmes support/implementation on sexual and reproductive health-related programmes with a non-governmental organisation or social enterprise;
• Demonstrated technical understanding of sexual and reproductive health issues at the national, regional and international stage — and familiarity with the NDHS and MICS reports is key;
• Ability to take initiative, make smart decisions, truly work with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team setting;
• Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills for reports, letters, concept notes and proposals writing coupled with session delivery is a priority;
• Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google products;
• Experience in networking, partnership development and multi-stakeholder engagement;
• Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, express dissent convincingly and diplomatically where necessary — and also meet deadlines;
• Applicant should not be more than 26 years old at the time of submission;
• Fluency in Yoruba language is a MUST for this role because of the local context of assignments.
Ensure you tick all the boxes; then send an email with a cover note (explaining why you are a perfect fit for this role) and an updated curriculum vitae to email@example.com before 3.00pm on February 15th 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.