Opening: Account Officer
Deadline: 1st September, 2020
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 – 4 years
Location: Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State.
Onelife Initiative for Human Development is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation with head office in Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria. We work with and for young people in the areas of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Governance and Policy and Enterprise and Employability Development. We seek to recruit a committed accountant to join our team on the Admin and Finance desk as an Account Officer. Qualified candidates should have 2-4 years professional experience. Previous accounting work experience with a non-governmental organisation is an added advantage. The choice candidate should preferably have good working knowledge of Quickbook Accounting Software and can demonstrate same. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage young people who are females and persons living with disability to apply.
Description of Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work, train and be trained to oversee account-related activities across projects and project sites. Other roles include:
· Timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports including internal and external financial retirements
· Ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all internal accounting controls are maintained and updated at a global best standard level.
· Ensure that the organisation’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
· Ensure all programmes staff comply with organisational financial policies, procedures set out in the Account and Finance Manual, and any additional donor compliance requirements.
· Work directly with Programmes Staff and Executive Director on projects and general budgeting.
· Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including — Monitoring accounts receivables, processing of staff payroll, and collection of debt and managing pre-payments.
· Coach, appraise and supervise interns designated to the officer.
· 2-4 years accounting work experience. Higher Institution degree in Accounting, Accountancy or other directly related accounting courses.
· Accounting work experience in NGO setting would be an added advantage.
· Working familiarity with relevant international standards is essential.
· Professional certification a significant plus.
· Experience working with Quickbooks accounting software is preferred
An annual salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience in the range of 600,000 to 900,000 Naira per annum with other benefits upon confirmation of employment.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in this position, kindly apply by clicking this link. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted