Call for Application: Governance and Policies Desk
Programmes Officer — Governance and Policies
Onelife Initiative for Human Development, a non-governmental organisation is seeking to employ a programmes officer on its Governance and Policies Desk. The successful candidate will work out of the organisation’s Oyo State office.
- Lead field engagements and community mobilisation efforts in and around Oyo State and collaborate with project partners in other states;
- Ensure all organisation’s programmes and activities relating to Governance and Policies are executed according to established work plan, timeline, content, and expected results;
- Deliver on reports and other forms of required documentations leading to the production of high-quality written outputs;
- Monitor governance issues in Nigeria including but not limited to issues that triggered the #EndSARS protest;
- Assist in the planning and development of quarterly and annual activity plan and budget;
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree, preferably in law, political science or the social sciences;
- Evidence of relevant work experience providing programmes support/implementation on governance and policies with a non-governmental organisation;
- Ability to draft, edit and proofread reports is required for this role;
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills for reports, letters, concept notes and proposals writing coupled with session delivery is a priority;
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google products (Jam board, doc, sheets, slides etc);
- Experience in networking, partnership development and multi-stakeholder engagement;
- Demonstrate attention to details, procedural in approach and strong working relationships;
- Applicant should not be more than 28 years old at the time of submission;
- While fluency in Yoruba is required for this role. Ability to communicate in Igbo language whilst understanding the Ibadan terrain will be an added advantage.
The monthly remuneration for this role is between N60,000 – N100,000 depending on experience and capacity of the successful applicant. Other benefits includes health insurance and pension plan after completion of probation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for a physical interview.
To apply, use this link — These openings are exclusively for young people ages 21 – 35 with at least a one-year Post NYSC experience, preferably in a non-governmental organisation.
Deadline — 5.00pm, Thursday, 20th January, 2022.
Applications will be treated on a rolling basis.