Call for School Connect Project Volunteers
Deadline: January 10th, 2020.
Industry: Non-Governmental Organisation
Job Type: Volunteering Role
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
The organisation is recruiting and seeks to engage volunteers for the School Connect Project as the project continues to expand. Onelife Initiative for Human Development is a youth biased, non-governmental organization based in Ibadan, Oyo State. Our School Connect Project (SCP) is targeted at in-school and out-of-school Adolescents and Young Persons (AYPs) with the aim of providing them with Sexual and Reproductive Health Information and basic life skills education that will positively influence their transition into adulthood.
· Participate in School Connect Project Activities;
· Provide comprehensive sexuality education for adolescents and young persons;
· Write and ensure timely submission of activity and evaluation reports;
· Support identification of schools and educational centres;
· Support management of communication with project stakeholders and other partners;
· Work with the programmes officer and other desk officers in the organisation to support in Sexual and Reproductive Health Desk.
Required Skills and Competence
· Prior knowledge about sexual and reproductive health;
· Previous experience working with young people;
· Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills for reports and presentations;
· Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Word
· Excellent interpersonal and ability to function optimally in a team;
· Self-driven, with the capacity to work with little or no supervision;
· Interest or basic skill in photography (an added advantage).