Vacancy: Media and Communications Assistant
Deadline: December 22nd, 2019.
Industry: Non-Governmental Organisation
Job Type: Full Time.
Location: New Bodija GRA, Ibadan.
Job Position: Communication and Media Assistant
We seek to employ a full-time Media and Communications Assistant in the Media department. Onelife Initiative for Human Development is a youth biased non-governmental organisation based in Ibadan, Oyo state. We work to improve the social development of young people around themes of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Right amongst others.
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Manage organisation’s website and make sure it is updated timely
- Design e-fliers banners and other branded materials for events
- Conduct interviews during events, official functions while taking note of human interest stories
- Document organisational events, meetings, workshops, conferences, and training through stories and photos: as needed
- Provide Media support during Programmes and events
- Assist in undertaking communication research: research on newsletter readership and assessment of other publications
- Assist in producing communication materials, such as newsletter, brochures.
- Write online content, Such as blog posts, Facebook posts, Instagram posts, tweets, and web content
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- HND/BSc. in Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or the humanities, or related field with minimum of three years’ experience performing related roles.
Competencies —The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent writing and verbal and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of social media and Web tools, including mobile applications
- Have good photographic skills
- Must be a team player
- Have minimal knowledge of video editing.
- Have good working knowledge of layout and graphic software.
- We offer competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant environment. Application Deadline is
22nd December, 2019.
To Apply Click here