Programmes Officer, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
Are you resident in Oyo State, Nigeria, and interested in an opportunity to work with adolescents and young people in the area of sexual and reproductive health and rights? It is a full time role and the SRHR Officer will work from our Oyo State office.
Key Job Description
- Support programme strategy design and development in relation to sexual and reproductive health and rights issues;
- Ensure sexual and reproductive health and rights projects and programmes of the organisation are done in accordance with established work plan, timeline, content, and expected results;
- Support demand generation activities for specific sexual and reproductive health and rights services among adolescents and young people in Nigeria;
- Develop and ensure timely submission of technical and programmatic reports, policy briefs, fact sheets, concept notes, proposals and other contributions for publication or submissions;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of SRHR programme activities.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A first degree, preferably in health or social sciences. A master degree in a relevant field is an edge;
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience providing programmes support/implementation on sexual and reproductive health-related programmes with a non-governmental organisation or social enterprise;
- Demonstrate technical understanding of sexual and reproductive health and right issues at the national, regional and international stage;
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills for reports, letters, concept notes and proposals writing coupled with session delivery is a priority;
- Ability to work comfortably with major Microsoft suites and Google products;
- Demonstrate attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision while collaborating with the team;
- Applicant should not be more than 30 years old at the time of submission;
- Fluency in the Yoruba language is a MUST for this role because of the local context of assignments.
The monthly remuneration for this role is between N60,000 – N80,000 depending on experience and capacity of the successful applicant. Other benefits includes health insurance and pension plan after completion of probation.
To apply, fill the form here — These openings are exclusively for young people ages 21 – 35 with at least a one-year Post NYSC experience, preferably in a non-governmental organisation.
Deadline — 5th August, 2022.
Applications will be treated on a rolling basis.